SA-15 Folding 11.5" Piston Rifle is built on the Shield Arms Folding Lower Receiver (FLR) for compact storage. This patented system allows the firearm to fold and does not use an adapter. Our system is lighter, stronger, and shorter in overall length versus popular folding adapters. Additionally, our system does not modify the carrier.
- Upper/Lower: 7075-T6 billet aluminum upper/lower
- 11.5" length, 5.56 NATO Chamber
- Carbine-length length gas system
- 1:7 RH twist
- 4150 CMV
- Stress relieved after rifling
- Black Nitride finish
- M4 extension
- Bolt Carrier Group
- Superlative Arms Gas Piston System
- Black DLC coating
- Full Auto Rated
- Shot Peened
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Carrier Material: 8620 Steel, DLC finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel, DLC finish
- Cerakoted in Low Reflective Light-Absorbing Black
- Piston Block Material: 416 SS
- Piston Block Finish: Melonite, QPQ
- Handguard: Shield Arms 10" MLOK
- Trigger: MIL-SPEC
- Safety: MIL-SPEC
- Grip: B5 Systems
- Stock: B5 Systems Bravo
- Muzzle Device: A2
- Charging handle: MIL-SPEC
- Weight: 6 lbs 1 oz
- Overall length when folded: 20.5"
- Ships with Shield Arms Partisan Sling
Maritime Operations Features
Special precautions have been taken on our PISTON Series rifles for maritime operations to prevent salt water corrosion, including cerakoting the major components in LR-100 Cerakote.
Cerakote’s unique inorganic LR Black is a low-reflective light-absorbing black coating, designed to absorb visible light spectrum wavelengths. With optical applications in mind, this coating is ideal for military applications. In addition, it meets the Cerakote standard for mechanical durability making it the most durable non-reflective coating on the market.
- Passes ASTM E595-15
- Resistant to Atomic Oxygen
- UV Stable Finish
- Low-reflective and light-absorbing finish, visible spectrum
Click here for more information on Cerakote salt water corrosion resistance.
NOTICE: This item is controlled for export by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).