43x/48 mag catch
- Arrived 2 days after I ordered, shipping was fast.
- packaging was secure in the envelope
- Mag release texture feels great
- Upon opening the package, the black finish was almost completely rubbed off on the long flat side of the mag catch, aluminum exposed. Not a big deal, just reporting on my specific order FYI. I’m sure they’re not all like that.
- I can report that the aluminum mag catch is definitely eating away at the edge of where the factory Glock mags click into the frame. I do not have the S15 yet, I ordered the mag catch in anticipation for the S15. After shooting a few hundred rounds, and constantly releasing and inserting mags, the mags are showing chunks being rubbed off under recoil/insertion/release. This is not a surprise to me, as the metal S15 eats away at the plastic mag catch. Logically, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work the other way around, and I can confirm that it does. I’m not really complaining, because I did get this mag catch specifically for the metal magazines, I did suspect it would take chunks from my plastic Glock magazines. 4 stars only because the finish was almost 100% rubbed away on one side.
Nonetheless, Thank you shield arms for being so innovative with your products, I hope you guys continue with this higher capacity magazine idea. I hope you guys come out with a 30 round S15! With your technology, i’m sure you could creat a 20 flush fit in a G19 no problem.
Was this review helpful?